Saturday, May 2, 2009

April Showers Bring May Flowers!

We have been thankful this Spring for the rain showers (since Steve's business prospers when it rains!) and then especially for our "flowers" which are our grandkids! They are blossoming more and more every day!

I can't believe it is May already. What happened to April? It flew by! This year better start slowing down or I'll be another year older before I know it. Did I mention I just had a birthday?I did and I've begun the downward or should we say upward slope past 55! Well, I guess the truth is that slope began last year!I think I just need to slow it down a bit!

Steve and I have been enjoying our family with the exception of our son Chris who is still in Iraq. It will still be a few months before we can all be together. Please continue to pray for Chris' safe return to Germany and then hopefully, he will be joining his family in the Fall.

We will be together for vacation in June. We're very excited that all of our kids and grandkids will be joining us in Orlando for General Assembly. This is a special blessing from a loving Father who has made this possible this year. The church has been such a central part of our family's lives and it is only fitting that we have this opportunity to reunite with not only our immediate family but many other brothers and sisters in Christ.

Our precious grandchildren are keeping us young. It is so wonderful to share so many times with them. We usually see Julianne at least 2-3 times a week and of course, every morning bright and early we get to see Luke and Will! The only thing I would trade for this experience would be that they could be with their Daddy and Mommy together anywhere! (except a war zone!)

Work is keeping me busy. I hate to admit it but I think I am working harder than I have in many years. But I enjoy the challenge and hope to grow into this new position soon. It's definitely not easy but I think it will be rewarding.

During April, I had a birthday celebration a few weeks ago and I also had a chance to get together with two very special friends who were matron and maid of honors in our wedding- Denise Bradley and Lois Campbell. We have been close friends for over 45 years and it was great to spend time with them.

Please enjoy some pictures of our "flowers!"

Guka enjoying his little flower, Julianne!

Mommy Jamie and Julianne

"A Rose by any other name"- Julianne, that is!
Meme and her namesake- Julia-nne!

"Julianne Incognito"


Will chillin' on Uncle Dave's bald head!

Two future "execs"!

Pretty boy Luke with Pretty Boy Chris's helmet from a summer job years ago!
Three Best Friends that date back to the 60's!(But aren't 60 yet!)

No comments: